하나은행

343-910026-95704

예금주 : 주식회사 큐어맥스

묻고 답하기

Rushdie thought fatal fatwa was being carried out during knife attack

페이지 정보

작성자 Jim Posey 작성일24-04-28 12:55 조회16회 댓글0건

본문

Salman Rushdie has revealed he thought the fatal fatwa from Iran was being carried out when he was attacked with a knife at a New York book fair. 

The 76-year-old author thought he was going to die during the assassination attempt on the stage of the literary festival on August 12, 2022. 

Mr Rushdie lost sight in his right eye in the brutal 27-second assault that also left him with stab wounds to the face, neck, chest, abdomen, thigh and hand.

The publication of his fourth book, The Satanic Verses, drew heavy criticism for the suggested contradiction of the prophet Mohammed's infallibility and was banned in a number of countries.

Then in 1989, the then supreme leader of Iran, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, declared a $3million fatwa contract on his life for the ‘blasphemy' contained in the book, which sent the writer into hiding for 10 years. 

Now, Mr Rushdie explained that his 'first thought' when he saw the would-be assassin approaching him was, 'So it's you. Here you are'.

Salman Rushdie described how his attacker slashed his throat during the assassination attempt that cost him an eye and nearly killed him in August 2022

It took 27 seconds for festival goers and festival staff to drag Rushdie's attacker off him

The author spent eight hours in surgery, 18 days in hospital, and three weeks in rehabilitation after being airlifted to hospital from New York's Chautauqua Amphitheater

Pakistani activists of Jamiat Tulba Arabia, a student wing of Jamaat-i-Islami party, shout slogans in front of a burning effigy of Salman Rushdie in Multan on June 17, 2007 

He also said the attack still ‘upsets me every day' as he prepares to see his account of it published in ‘Knife', his 22nd book, on Tuesday. 

He said: ‘I confess, I had sometimes imagined my assassin rising up in some public forum or other, Huusk Messen Stiftung Warentest and coming for me in just this way,' he wrote. 

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

스파우츠인터내셔널주식회사   l    대표 : 이공환   l    주소 : 경기도 고양시 덕양구 충장로475번길 14-5 효동상가 311호(성사동)
사업자번호 : 691-87-00812   l    TEL : (031) 962-0072   l    FAX : (031) 962-0074      
Copyright © 스파우츠인터내셔널주식회사. All rights reserved.   [ admin ]
모바일 버전으로 보기